There is some talk from other bariatric practices about being “fast-tracked”–getting to the operating room faster. While Colorado Bariatric Surgery Institute (CBSI) is very timely and efficient in determining insurance benefits for our patients, we are very purposeful and vigilant in making certain that all requirements are met prior to scheduling surgery. We like to think of this as providing the “right-track” for our patients.
We believe it is very important to not cut corners or you run the risk of receiving sub-standard care. Be smart about how you choose your surgeon and the location for your care.
Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Choose a MBSAQIP Accredited Center (formerly known as ASMBS Centers of Excellence)
- Choose a program that has a “comprehensive” designation. These centers are being accredited by the American College of Surgeons and must demonstrate quality results to obtain this designation.
- Choose a surgeon with experience and a track record. Many of these centers have surgeons who have started and developed their programs and have very tangible results and excellent outcomes.
- Compare where and how procedures are performed. Is it in the hospital where immediate medical/radiological/ICU care can be implemented if needed? The sleeve and gastric bypass should be performed in the hospital where all resources are available.
- Choose a program that wants to take care of you long-term.
At CBSI we prefer to “right-track” patients, suggesting that from the beginning we properly evaluate and workup our patients for surgery and follow them throughout their postoperative care to help them achieve the best possible outcome.
If you are ready to achieve your weight loss goals and start on the path to a healthier and happier life give us a call
CBSI is an ASMBS Center of Excellence that provides a quality and comprehensive bariatric program dedicated to patients who desire long-term weight loss and improved overall health.
We provide a FREE insurance evaluation for your bariatric surgery prior to your consultation. We want you to know what insurance benefits your carrier provides for bariatric surgery in order to help you manage the cost of surgery from day one.
Gastric bypass is a safe and effective bariatric surgery that allows patients to experience dramatic weight loss that is also associated with significant improvement or resolution of obesity-related illnesses.
The robotic bariatric sleeve gastrectomy is a surgical weight-loss procedure that involves permanently removing a large portion of the stomach.
The robot provides the most advanced technology for weight-loss surgery. It allows for less bleeding, less post-operative pain, and a shorter hospital stay.
Watch the videos and read testimonials from some of our CBSI patients. Their compelling stories will help you better understand how weight-loss surgery can favorably impact your health and life.